Saturday, March 8, 2008

More than meets the eye?

So while looking through YouTube for some way to kill time, I ran across this video called "無15", which just means #15 in Japanese.



It's this young teenage girl just staring at the camera, and kind of smirking. Okay, that's weird. More weird is that I'm watching. Even more weird is that it has 500,000 pageviews, in addition to the views from 無14, 無13, ... Plus they have spawned a whole family of response videos from



to



So I'm thinking there's more to this than meets the eye. I know what you're thinking -- there's "less" to this than meets the eye -- but isn't it kind of reminiscent of this:

Mona Lisa

except Japanese instead of Italian, and predating YouTube? And 500 years older? They're both teenage girls, kind of awkwardly posing, yet happy and somewhat self satisfied. Yes, I'm suggesting that in the year 2508, people may be watching this video in a museum someplace. Or people will move on next week. :P

No comments: